Specimens should be shipped at room temperature in a leak-proof, rigid container with overnight delivery. To discuss minimum acceptable specimens for neonatal patients or for sample types not listed, please contact Allele Diagnostics.
- For specific specimen requirements, please refer to a description of testing being requested.
See test description section for discussion on fees.
- Allows for specimen collection prior to completing a decision about testing. May be useful in situations such as
- Testing at Allele Diagnostics will be performed as a reflex to other testing that is pending.
- Billing authorization is being obtained.
- Patient is making a final decision on testing strategy.
DNA extraction for DNA-based tests. Establishing cell culture for cytogenetic tests and tests with reflex to FISH.
The "Stabilize specimen & hold" test number is available for all situations when a specimen must be drawn before the final decision about testing is complete. The specimen may be sent to Allele Diagnostics and stabilized in our laboratory while final decisions are made. For specimens that have testing authorized to proceed at our laboratory within 1 month of specimen receipt, no additional fees will be incurred by utilizing the "stabilize & hold" option. For specimens that do not have testing proceed at our laboratory within 1 month of specimen receipt, a fee will be incurred for the specimen stabilization procedures. If testing authorized to proceed within 3 months of specimen receipt but after the fee has been incurred, the fee will be deducted from testing performed. If testing is authorized 3 months or more after specimen receipt, the fee will not be deducted from testing performed. Samples that are not utilized for testing will be retained for up to 12 months before being destroyed unless otherwise stated in disposal guidelines set forth by the state in which the ordering physician practices.