Dependent upon testing ordered
Specimens should be shipped at room temperature in a leak-proof, rigid container with overnight delivery. To discuss minimum acceptable specimens for neonatal patients or for sample types not listed, please contact Allele Diagnostics.
- For specific specimen requirements, please refer to report that has been issued or verbal request from Allele Diagnostics.
N/A. A secondary sample for testing already ordered will typically not be associated with a separate bill.
- This test is utilized to provide specimens requested/recommended by Allele Diagnostics that will allow for completion of a previously-ordered study.
Testing method will be determined based on original testing ordered and follow-up needed.
At Allele Diagnostics, we do everything possible to ensure that the first specimen provided to us allows as complete a result as possible. However, in the infrequent event that a secondary specimen is necessary, our staff will communicate with the clinician/client to alert them of the recommendation for a follow-up specimen and will specify the optimal specimen to send. There are several circumstances under which a secondary specimen may be requested by our laboratory, such as:
- Buccal swab or previously extracted DNA was used for microarray, which was abnormal, therefore FISH follow-up is recommended on a peripheral blood sample.
- Sample provided was sufficient for a preliminary report but was of insufficient quality to provide high-quality results, therefore a second sample is needed to finalize the report.
- Sample type was not an appropriate tissue for the study or indication ordered.
- Sample provided was inadequate in quantity and/or quality to attempt all or a subset of tests ordered.
Please note that for abnormal chorionic villus (CVS) specimens, a follow-up amniotic fluid or blood specimen may be recommended to confirm the abnormality, and this testing is performed at a charge and should use test codes specific to tests being ordered.